kythera family kythera family
  

Cafes, Shops & Cinemas

Photos > Cafes, Shops & Cinemas > Comino's Oyster Saloon Lismore

107: Photos > Cafes, Shops & Cinemas

submitted by Peter Tsicalas on 24.06.2003

Comino's Oyster Saloon Lismore

Comino's Oyster Saloon Lismore
Copyright (1912) Historical Society

Woodlark Street, Lismore 1904.
First Greek Oyster Saloon on the North Coast of NSW, opened by Peter Emmanuel Comino (Gialdelis) 1903. By 1905 he had expanded into Curley's General Store in partnership with his brother George.
His wife, Kalliopi (nee Andronicos), and daughters, Stella and Muriel, arrived 1908, and 2yrs later he opened The Olympia Cafe in Molesworth Street in partnership with her brothers.
In 1912 he became a farmer with a property in North Lismore.
Moved to Brisbane 1921.
Photo courtesy of Richmond River Historical Society.

Leave a comment