kythera family kythera family
  

Cafes, Shops & Cinemas

Photos > Cafes, Shops & Cinemas > Roxy Theatre, Bingara, NSW, Australia - Original Movie Projector

2178: Photos > Cafes, Shops & Cinemas

submitted by George Poulos on 28.04.2004

Roxy Theatre, Bingara, NSW, Australia - Original Movie Projector

Roxy Theatre, Bingara, NSW, Australia - Original Movie Projector
Copyright (2004) George Poulos

The Roxy Theatre, the magnificent art deco Cinema at Bingara, in north western New South Wales, Australia, was established by three Kytherians.

Peter John Feros, Katsehamos, (Mitata)
George Ernest (Proto)Psaltis, Katsavias, (Frilingianika), and
Emanuel Theodoropoulos Aronis, known as Emmanuel Aroney, (Aroniadika)

The three of them together were known as Peters and Co. Peters and Co signs are still displayed on the shop fronts of numerous former Kytherian cafes throughout NSW.

The Roxy Theatre opened on Saturday evening 28 March, 1936.

At great expense, this magnificent Art Deco Theatre, has been restored to its former pristine elegance.

On the left hand side of the frontage, one of the original, huge, movie projection cameras, is permanently housed/on display.

Leave a comment