submitted by Graham Brooks & Associates on 29.05.2006
1. Barry Sharp. Showcases of the Past, Volume 1, A Pictorial History of Sydney’s Suburban Cinemas, pp. 9f, Kings Theatre Circuit, cit. p. 9.
2. R. Thorne and K. Cork, For All The Kings Men, pp. 32-35, Rose Bay North Kings.
3. The Sydney Morning Herald, 24 June 1935, as quoted in Thorne and Cork, For All The Kings Men, p. 32.
4. Anonymous Author, Three New Suburban Theatres, in Building, 24 May 1938, pp. 29-39, 67
5. Ibid, p. 32-33.
6. In preparation of this report was used the second edition of the Register, published in 1997 by the Department of Architecture, University of Sydney, under title Cultural Heritage of Movie Theatres in NSW 1896-1996.
7. Anonymous Author, Three New Suburban Theatres, in Building, 24 May 1938, pp. 29-39, 67, cit. p. 31.
8. Ibid, p. 33.
9. Barry Sharp, Showcases of the Past, Vol. 1, A Pictorial History of Sydney’s Suburban Cinemas, pp. 9f, Kings Theatre Circuit.
10. Ibid, p. 9.
11. Woollahra LEP 1995, Development Control Table, Zone 3 C, point 6, Development which is Prohibited.
HERITAGE IMPACT ASSESSMENT
Gerard Thomas Associates
GRAHAM BROOKS AND ASSOCIATES PTY LTD
Coles Myer Property Developments Ltd purchased and developed the site.
In 2003, Architects, Gerard Thomas and Associates, submitted a development application to Whoolhara Council.
Australia's second largest grocery chain Coles was to be the anchor tenant in the retail part of the development. 2 Commercial offices were incorporated into the development. The upper levels of the development included 9 residential units.
As part of the Development Application, Graham Brooks and Associates, Architects and Heritage Consultants, were commissioned to draft a Heritage Impact Assessment, which they presented to Council in January 2002.
Graham Brooks & Associates
Lvl 1/ 71 York St Sydney 2000
(02) 9299 8600
Fax (02) 9299 8711
Email, Graham Brooks & Associates
In March 2006, the development was completed, and Coles supermarket opened for business.
The Developer and the Heritage Architects have done extraordinarily well in maintaining the unique external appearance of the original Kings Theatre.
I am currently researching the life and work of singer and recording artist Kostas...
I am completing an historical novel on Kythera which I have been working on for the past...
I just questioned my mum about this…she is from Karvounades. Definitely not a typical surname from that...
Hi Helen, Look out for an email from me. Have been working on indexes for a series...
About 5 minutes into the program Ada Margariti, who is an Attorney at Law, speaks about how she came to...
Interviewed during his visit to Australia, 2013.
August 17, 2010
103.2 HOPE - radio station
You’ve heard of PhDs in science, medicine and education but have you...
Brisbane kytherians at paliochora excursion ..exploring the wonderful site and seeing all the churches .. this one is called ' e...
Gorgeous Ruby! Ruby's father was Evangelo Megaloconomos born 7 September 1891, died 29 January 1983
Ruby was born 16 September...
28029:17.01.2022 (Message Board)
27897:01.12.2021 (Message Board)
27869:21.11.2021 (Message Board)
27834:24.10.2021 (Message Board)