submitted by George Poulos on 04.03.2007
Pappa Vangelli, centre, was both the village priest of Karavas, and the Headmaster of the school.
Angie Poulos (nee, K(Coroneos); very bottom, front, right hand corner.
Back row: 15 Boys [1-15, left to right.]
2. Theothosios Triunduphilo Koroneos. Theo Corones. Never married. Lived in Randwick, Sydney, Karavas, Kythera for a few years, and finally in Bargara, Queensland. Deceased.
Second row from back: 11 children [16-25, left to right. Including 1 child third from left, slightly forward.]
18. The child third left is Maria Karras (nee, Bonos -deceased). Arrived Australia 1938. [Information: Mary Conomos].
21. Helen Anastassiou Levantis. Later married Peter Zantiotis, Peter Zantis, from Ayia Anastasia. Lived in Goulburn, NSW, Australia. Deceased.
Middle Row: including Pappa Vagelli & teachers 11 persons [27-37, left to right.]
30. The gentleman 4th left Papa Vangelli's row is James Zantis(Zantiotis-dec.) Arrived in Australia 1911. On holiday in Greece at the time this photograph was taken. [Information: Mary Conomos.]
32. Daskalos (Teacher) Sarantos Diakopoulos.
33. Pappa Vagelli.
Kneeling, second row from front. Left hand side. 6 girls. 38- 43.
Kneeling, second row from front. Right hand side. 1 boy. 44.
Seated front. 9 girls. Left to right, including second girl from right, seated slightly behind the others. 45-53.
45. Sophia Tzortzopoulos. Later married Nick Pittas, Warren & Goulburn. Currently living in Goulburn. Alive, March 2006.
53. Evangalia Triundphilou Koroneos Belos. Angie Coroneos. Later married Kostandinos Yeoryios Tzortzopoulos. Lived in Gilgandra, Greystanes, Sydney, and Gladesville. Alive March 2006.
submitted by George Camaris on 24.07.2007
According to my mother,Angelina Camaris,the teacher(daskalos)is her uncle,Panagiotis Diakopoulos, and not Sarantos Diakoulos. Sarantos (brother of Panagiotis) had retire from teaching before 1938.
Person no 29 is Evangelia(Angelina) Zantiotis.Later married Menas Camaris of Aroniathika.Lived in Gunnedah from 1947 to 1952 and since then has resided in Hurstville.Alive July 2007.
Person no.17 is Anna Zantiotis,sister of Evangelia.Later married Nick Tzorgopoulos. Lived in Gunnedah from 1938 to 1965 and now resides in Randwick. Alive July 2007
Person no.31 is Lyeri Diakopoulos wife of the teacher,Panagiotis Diakopoulos.
submitted by Mick Georgas on 19.08.2007
submitted by Mick Georgas on 24.12.2007
HI Maria Very interested to read of your family's relationship to mine. My name is Peter Georgeson...
I am endeavouring to confirm an entry submitted by George Poulos posted in 2005 indicating that Nicholas Crethar was the...
Hi, I'm trying to find out who the undertaker is in kythera and how to contact him.Can...
who is the undertaker in kythera greece?
About 5 minutes into the program Ada Margariti, who is an Attorney at Law, speaks about how she came to...
Interviewed during his visit to Australia, 2013.
August 17, 2010
103.2 HOPE - radio station
You’ve heard of PhDs in science, medicine and education but have you...
Brisbane kytherians at paliochora excursion ..exploring the wonderful site and seeing all the churches .. this one is called ' e...
Gorgeous Ruby! Ruby's father was Evangelo Megaloconomos born 7 September 1891, died 29 January 1983
Ruby was born 16 September...
01.12.2022 (Message Board)
06.11.2022 (Message Board)
09.09.2022 (Message Board)
Kythera has lots of very old houses which all must experience the same as ours ... rising damp?...